Disciples Women’s Ministries welcomes all to the table as we have been welcomed by Christ. Our mission is to connect women in CCIW in diverse ministries that help to meet the needs in the communities where they are located and to empower all women of CCIW as they grow individually and communally as disciples of Jesus the Christ.
Our purpose is to provide leadership, guidance and a communication channel for women as they share the Good News through:
- Worship for spiritual growth and renewed discipleship;
- Bible study for greater knowledge, understanding, and service;
- Participation in mission, advocacy, and service;
- Networking and fellowship for building the faith community locally, regionally, and throughout the whole church;
- Leadership training for the service to God in Disciples Women, the church, and the community;
- Stewardship of time, talent, and resources for the mission of the church;
- Accountability and personal responsibility for the mission of Jesus the Christ through the church.
Ministry Leadership Team
The Disciples Women’s Ministry Leadership Team provides leadership and oversight in the planning and implementation of the programs which are offered at a Regional level. The current Ministry Leadership Team includes:
President – JoAnn Hull, Milan
Vice- President – Martha Shine, Chicago
Recorder – Ginger Harris, Pontiac
Director of Worship and Study – Dana Jumper, Flanagan
Director of Service – Jane Cahill, Washington
Communication Directors Sue Adams, Macomb; Jaqueline Meyers, Virden, Amanda Butterick, Decatur; Cynthia Weber, Chicago; Rosalie Tarr, Chicago; Beth Graham, Albion.
Disciple Women’s 2019 Mission Focus
This year the Disciples Women’s Ministry Leadership Team selected Disciples4Water as our 2019 mission focus. By providing wells for villages in the Congo, lives are transformed sanitation and health conditions improve, resources are made available and time freed up for creation of agricultural and cottage industries, and as educational opportunities are increased for girls. A single well costs $1600 and it is our goal to provide three wells. Additional information on Disciples for Water can be found at http://www.disciples4water.org