New Day – It’s about spiritual transformation!
Join us for New Day events in 2018 –
you are invited to any and all of these events –
to draw closer to God in Christian community –
Exploring spiritual transformation, an opportunity to go deeper with God and one another.
Retreats and other gatherings will help you and your congregation grow spiritually.
Outcomes – we’ll learn more about the spiritual practices we will use and how to fit them into our lives. We’ll reconnect with the Source that offers life, energy, hope, and partnership.
Picture a small group of your new friends, having conversations of spiritual significance. We’ll use an experience called Questions in a Bag, an opportunity to listen to others and to be heard on a deeper level. Always in a safe space, these conversations help us connect with one another in profound ways.
“Transformation is a journey – let’s keep going, let’s keep building.”
New Day in 2018 – Mark your calendars!
Saturday, April 21 – Thrive! for congregational transformation – Springfield, Illinois – a return visit from Rev. Dr. Ruth Fletcher – click here for more info
Friday, September 14 – Saturday, September 15 – our 2018 New Day retreat at First Christian Church in Bloomington.
November 3 – Personality and Spirituality – led by Dick Hamm and others.
New Day – in summary –
- A deeper connection with God and one another – sharing a journey of faith, meeting companions on the way.
- Learning about spiritual practices and doing them. – centering prayer, journaling, pilgrimage, silence and solitude, music, body movement/prayer, icons, imagining scripture, etc.
- Talking about identity, context and calling – our answers to these questions put us on a faithful path with God.
- Geography of Grace – a way of spiritual discernment in the context of caring partners on the journey.
- Thrive: Spiritual Habits of Transforming Congregations
- Personality and Spirituality – different ways to pray and to experience God. What’s your style?
- Deep, significant conversations – with spiritual companions.
New Day is a new approach to spiritual transformation. Driven by deeper spirituality, enriching partnership, and ongoing support, leaders, and churches find their path to a faithful future. This is not a cookie cutter program. Each congregation has its own unique experience of transformation. There will be retreats for church leaders to get the process started and follow-up events to hear about progress and offer more resources. Congregations with similar interests and similar callings can work together. The Regional church is making a huge commitment to help with congregational transformation and individual spiritual transformation. New Day is open to all leaders who are serious about spiritual transformation. Individual leaders can participate without the full commitment of their congregation.
Join us for life-changing experiences!
For more information contact Scott Woolridge – [email protected]
Watch this New Day video on YouTube – you’ll get a sense of what you can experience!