Would you like to be more involved in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin? Do you feel you have the skills and gifts that could make a difference to our Region? Fill out an interest form for any of the committees that interest you. Please return completed interest forms to:
Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker
mail to: CCIW, 1011 N. Main St., Bloomington, IL 61701
Committees and Descriptions
To read about the Policies and Practices of each committee, visit our Policy and Procedure Document webpage.
- Finance Committee: Oversight of the Region’s Finances
- Committee on Ministry: Care for candidates of Ministry; Oversight of Standards for Ministry
- Committee on Ministerial Ethics and Response Teams: Respond to allegations of misconduct.
- Deepening Discipleship: Spiritual well-being of the Region
- Disciple Women’s Cabinet: Women’s ministries, including Spring Event, SIWR, Assembly Luncheon, and leader development.
- Long Range Planning and Vision: Cast and review the Vision for the Region; Plan for and encourage alignment of ministries and resources to Vision.
- Marketing and Development: Promoting the Annual Fund and Long term development funds for the Region.
- Disciple Men’s Ministry: Encouraging Men in their faith, leader development.
- Mission: Encouraging Mission and Stewardship; Guatemala partnership.
- New Church Establishment: Oversight and encouragement of New congregations.
- Nominating Committee: Seeks out qualified persons to serve as leaders in our Region.
- Outdoor Ministries: Oversight of Camp Walter Scott and our other Multi-site camping/retreat ministries.
- Personnel: Provide oversight for Personnel issues of the Region.
- Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism Committee: Oversight of our goal to become PRAR Region; Includes promotion of Reconciliation Offering and Distribution of grants.
- PR/AR Team: Larger growing community of trained folks , promoting the vision of responding to God’s call to be a fully transformed , anti-racist multi-cultural church that we claims as members of the Body of Christ, an anti-racist identity that empowers, heals, and makes whole.
- Regional Assembly: Plans for the biennial Regional Assembly CCIW
- Regional Church Council: Oversight of the Policies, Procedures, and Financial/Administrative concerns of the Region.
- Transformation Ministries: Encourages congregations to be transformed for these times.
- Youth: Oversight of Regional Youth events and Youth Leader development.
- Regional Youth Council