Would you like to be more involved in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin? Do you feel you have the skills and gifts that could make a difference to our Region? Fill out an interest form for any of the committees that interest you. Please return completed interest forms to:
Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker
email: [email protected]
mail to: CCIW, 1011 N. Main St., Bloomington, IL 61701
Committees and Descriptions
To read about the Policies and Practices of each committee, visit our Policy and Procedure Document webpage.
- Committee on Ministry: Care for candidates of Ministry; Oversight of Standards for Ministry
- Committee on Ministerial Ethics and Response Teams: Respond to allegations of misconduct.
- Disciple Women’s Cabinet: Women’s ministries, including Spring Event, SIWR, Assembly Luncheon, and leader development.
- Developing a communication strategy for Annual Fund, Development and congregational social media presence.
- SLAM: Service, Learning and Mission. Encouraging region-wide mission experiences, pilgrimages and disaster relief
- New Church Ministries: Oversight and encouragement of New congregations.
- Camp Walter Scott Advisory Team: Encourage the use of our campground and its maintenance.
- Nominating Committee: Seeks out qualified persons to serve as leaders in our Region.
- Outdoor Ministries:Encourage our camping ministry, recruit leaders, promote camps.
- Personnel: Provide oversight for Personnel issues of the Region.
- Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism Committee: Oversight of our goal to become PRAR Region; Includes promotion of Reconciliation Offering and Distribution of grants.
- PR/AR Team: Larger growing community of trained folks , promoting the vision of responding to God’s call to be a fully transformed , anti-racist multi-cultural church that we claims as members of the Body of Christ, an anti-racist identity that empowers, heals, and makes whole.
- Regional Assembly: Plans for the biennial Regional Assembly CCIW
- Regional Church Council: Oversight of the Policies, Procedures, and Financial/Administrative concerns of the Region.
- Transformation Ministries: NEW Day deepening spiritual formation process for leaders, with community engagement.
- Youth: Oversight of Regional Youth events and Youth Leader development.
- Regional Youth Council