Join New Church Ministry in Kansas City, MO or online for three days (October 24-27) of learning, growing, and community building, as we share a new Leadership Academy curriculum based on the DisciplesNEXT framework, one that.
- Recognizes and avoids colonizing models.
- Promotes contemplative action, prophetic advocacy, and faith-rooted organizing.
What else can you expect from this new hybrid event?
- Working in cohorts with others who share similar challenges and opportunities.
- Emerge Track – for core teams who have yet to launch a community of faith.
- Discerners Track – created to allow those who have ever considered what it would take to start a church to audit the Start Track at a discounted rate. This option is ideal for those in undergraduate institutions who may feel the call to ministry, for our seminarians who are discerning what path God may be taking them down, or even our ecumenical partners who may want to imagine how their ministries might be shaped by this training. Use the code DISCERN when checking out to receive 50% off the registration fee.
- Converge Track – for teams that have recently started a faith community, and
- Multiply Track – for leaders of established congregations.
- Participating in workshops designed to offer practical support in a pandemic-informed context, led by New Church Ministry coaches in addition to Disciples Church Extension Fund staff with experience in marketing as well as building and capital planning to share.
- Finding inspiration from our keynote speaker: Rev. Brian Frederick-Gray, Director for Justice and Advocacy Ministries at Disciples Home Missions.
At US $100 online and US $250 in person, it’s affordable.
*Share this event with someone you know who might be
- Feeling “stuck” or isolated in ministry.
- Ready for a new way to do ministry in a changing world.