Disciples Women’s Ministries es un conducto para diversas conexiones que empoderan a cada mujer para encontrar su voz y vivir su llamado. (Miqueas 6: 8) Como parte de la Iglesia Cristiana (Discípulos de Cristo), Disciples Women les da la bienvenida a todos a la mesa como Cristo nos ha acogido. Los ministerios de Mujeres Discípulo son parte del movimiento por integridad en un mundo fragmentado proporcionando oportunidades para el crecimiento espiritual, el enriquecimiento, educación y ministerios creativos para permitir que las mujeres desarrollen un sentido de responsabilidad personal para toda la misión de la iglesia. El Ministerio de Mujeres Discípulos busca ser una red de mujeres comprometidas con la misión de búsqueda de justicia y centrada en la compasión de Jesucristo sin requisitos o condiciones de membresía. Para más información sobre la oportunidad de empleo con el Ministerio de Mujeres Discípulos accese el enlace a continuación.
Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call. (Micah 6:8) As part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Disciples Women welcomes all to the table as Christ has welcomed us. The ministries of Disciples Women are part of the movement for wholeness in a fragmented world by providing opportunities for spiritual growth, enrichment, education, and creative ministries to enable women to develop a sense of personal responsibility for the whole mission of the church. Disciples Women’s Ministry seek to be a network of women committed to the justice-seeking, compassion-focused mission of Jesus Christ with no membership requirements or conditions. For more information about this job opportunity access the following link.
Executive Director of Disciples Women’s Ministries Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)Download Job Description
- Disciples Women’s Ministries is a conduit for diverse connections empowering each woman to find her voice and live out her call. (Micah 6:8)
- As part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Disciples Women welcomes all to the table as Christ has welcomed us. The ministries of Disciples Women are part of the movement for wholeness in a fragmented world by providing opportunities for spiritual growth, enrichment, education, and creative ministries to enable women to develop a sense of personal responsibility for the whole mission of the church.
- We seek to be a network of women committed to the justice-seeking, compassion-focused mission of Jesus Christ with no membership requirements or conditions.
The following description describes the general nature and work of the ministry of the Executive Director. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties needed to engage in this ministry. The responsibilities and scope of the position are determined in partnership with the President of Disciples Home Mission and the IDWM Executive Committee and are outlined in the Principles of Mutuality between DHM and IDWM.
The Executive Director of the Office of Disciples Women will be a lay or clergy woman who is a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). As a woman who draws on a deep personal faith, she will articulate and exhibit a passion for women’s ministries. She is responsible for:
- general program planning and implementation of Disciples Women’s Ministries in the United States and Canada;
- educating about and advocating for justice issues, especially women’s issues;
- regular communication regarding programs to regions, congregations, and individual women across the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- relating the priorities of women to the mission of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and representing them in the ministries of CC(DOC)
The Executive Director reports to the International Disciples Women’s Ministries (IDWM) Executive Committee and serves as Secretary and Treasurer to this Executive Committee. This position falls under the guidelines and policies of Disciples Home Missions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director:
- Develops and implements programs for women in the various expressions of the Church.
- As a conduit of God’s grace, helps women in their spiritual journey.
- Directs Disciples Women’s Ministries Staff in all of their functions and responsibilities.
- Creates and manages the budget for the Office of Disciples Women, creating and maintaining fiscal responsibility for the Ministry.
- Ensures that timely and frequent public relations communications are created regarding the work of Disciples Women, including articles and updates for the women’s website, Just Women, and other forms of electronic media.
- Provides general staff support for the Disciples Women’s Leadership Council (DWLC) gatherings.
- Represents Disciples Women as she serves on various Boards and Ministries of the Christian Church, such as:
- Disciples Home Missions, its various teams, committees and working groups, as requested.
- Cabinet of the General Minister and President of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- The Justice Table of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Represents Disciples Women in various Ecumenical Organizations, such as:
- Global Women Connecting (serving as secretary/treasurer), which meets every four years. Church Women United
- Other ecumenical and interfaith organizations
- Engages in fundraising and development of additional revenue and resources for Disciples Women Ministry.
- As an ex-officio staff member of International Disciples Women’s Ministries (IDWM), the Executive Director:
- Shares information in regularly scheduled meetings with the IDWM President.
- Plans for and coordinates all IDWM Executive Committee meetings.
- Is a member of all task teams and committees of IDWM.
- Is responsible for signing contracts and other legal documents for IDWM and Global Women Connecting.
- Partners and collaborates with general ministry partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong life of prayer and Bible study
- Experience in congregational and/or regional church leadership (corporate management may be considered in lieu of church leadership, if applicable)
- Excellent management and team building skills; Ability to facilitate group processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Knowledge of the scope, vision and theology of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Knowledge of leadership development skills
- Strong skills in different areas of technology including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Virtual Meeting platforms
- Strong written and oral communication skills (experience with public speaking and/or preaching helpful)
- Strong administrative, organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement short- and long-range goals
- Previous experience setting and managing budgets
- Prior experience in successful fundraising
- Flexibility, creativity and a willingness to think outside the box Ability to travel frequently
This is a full-time professional staff position. This position will require extensive travel (15-20 days per month) and frequent weekends and evenings. This position can be deployed from a location within an hour of a major airport.
The Division of Homeland Ministries (DHM), dba Disciples Home Missions, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization and every effort will be exercised to insure that employment consideration is given to all persons regardless of race, color, religion*, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, age, or handicap. Every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to the above factors.
*Please note that Disciples Home Missions is a religious organization whose mission is “Equipping Disciples for Christ.” In carrying forth this mission, certain employees, as part of their employment duties will be expected to participate in and assist in religious functions and ceremonies.
Disciples Home Missions is committed to be a pro-reconciling/anti-racism general ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). In carrying forth this mission, employees, as part of their employment duties, will be expected to participate in pro-reconciliation/anti-racism training.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send both a letter of interest and an updated resume to:
Please include information regarding both your professional work and church life (paid and volunteer).
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 26th 6 p.m. CST
Send any questions to the above email address, as well.