The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW) is seeking a full time Regional Ministry Associate to join our ministry team. Specifically, to be in relationship with congregations/ministries of our region to promote transformation through attention to spiritual development, healthy congregational systems, and community engagement. The work grows out of our Vision and Mission “to be a radically welcoming region of connected Disciple congregations who are engaged in life-changing/life-giving ministry. The focus is on leader development for spiritual maturation, healthy congregation systems and community engagement. We know that transformation is God’s work. We are looking for someone who knows that, too. And is willing to work with us to help create the atmosphere for new life to emerge.
To apply contact Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker [email protected] by July 4, 2021. An updated search and call profile with background check is required.
—Download Job Description
Associate Regional Minister for Transformation Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin
Be in relationship with congregations/ministries of CCIW to promote transformation through attention to spiritual development, healthy congregational systems, and community engagement.
Reporting to the Regional Minister-President of CCIW.
TIME REQUIREMENTS/ STATUS
This position is full time Pastoral Staff/Exempt.
Regional Transformation Associate provides leadership for the CCIW by carrying out the following: • Embracing the Vision and Mission of CCIW, particularly embedding ProReconciliation/Anti-Racism into this ministry.
- Working in coordination with the Regional Minister-President and Transformation Team
- Focusing on leader development—spiritual maturation, healthy congregation systems and community engagement (context for ministry)
- Organizing for transformation—creating networks and communities of experiential learning where failure is a learning tool.
- Ongoing resourcing for transformation networks and communities of experiential learning.
- Communicating the vision, the need, the opportunity with both new emerging ministries and well-established ministries, of all sizes, types, and locations.
- Encouraging open communication with the CCIW Ministry Team.
- Support specific ministries—-Healthy Congregations facilitators, Coaches, AIM as partners in this ministry.
- Provide pastoral care and oversight for search and call to congregation in south central IL.
- Prepare and implement goals and objectives annually. Discuss and review with Regional Personnel Committee and RMP
- Support the ministry of the Regional Church as assigned and relate appropriately to all manifestations of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Generate, edit, and share content (including digital/video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages regional churches and members to take action.
Compensation: Salary/housing/health/ $65,000-70,000, plus pension fund and automobile.
Staff Position to be deployed in the southern part of our region.
QUALIFICATIONS Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Required
- Ability to articulate the need for transformation, spiritually and contextually.
- Understanding of systems, in particular “healthy congregations.” Or willingness to be trained in Healthy Congregations and Anti-Racism in the first year.
- Experience with Coaching/Mentoring.
- Experience in leading an organization through a transformative process.
- Awareness of emerging, innovative ministries and long-standing, effective ministries.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to listen, clarify, and convey information in an accessible way.
- Ability to self-direct, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High commitment to confidentiality in all matters.
- Basic conflict management skills.
- Ordained/Commissioned Disciple Minister, or willing to seek Commission by working with CCIW Ministry Committee.
- MDiv preferred.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Fluency in English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to social network.
- Basic knowledge of Word, GMail, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- At a minimum, have knowledge or willingness to gain knowledge of CCIW ministries and congregations.