Question #1: Whom do I want to benefit through my giving?
- Other charitable causes and organizations
Question #2: When should I start funding my legacy – today or in the future?
- Benefits of starting today:
- Income tax deduction
- Witness the impact of your gift today
- Guide adult children on how to manage inherited resources
- Benefits of delayed giving:
- Retain access to assets during your lifetime
- Allow plans to evolve over time
Question #3: What assets do I have?
- Tax-deferred assets are great for charitable giving
- Examples: Retirement accounts such as 401(k), 403(b), Traditional IRA
- Tax-free assets are great gifts for your children or heirs
- Examples: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, life insurance, Roth IRA