- A Program That is Tailored to Churches and Affiliated Ministries
- A Program the Provides Loss Prevention Resources
- A Program that is a Recognized Ministry Partner
- A Dedicated Insurance Advocate Who Understand the Needs of Your Church
Does your current provider specialize in Houses of Worship?
Insurance Board is a non-profit ministry that administers a property and liability insurance program for churches and church ministries affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), United Church of Christ, Presbyterian Church (USA), Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Reformed Church in America, and Alliance of Baptists. Currently, over 4500 churches and ministries participate in our program within the denominations we serve nationwide. The Insurance Board serves over 650 Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) churches and affiliated ministries. We write church property insurance and church liability insurance in all 50 states utilizing an independent distribution system that is conducive to our mission: to support and protect churches and church ministries by offering superior property and casualty risk and insurance management services.
A Program that Provides Loss Prevention Resources
Insurance Board’s website, www.insuranceboard.org/safety-resources offers a wealth of information on a number of topics and includes access to many loss prevention initiatives. Some highlights of the services available to all churches and related ministries in the denominations we serve include:
- SafeConduct™ Workbench-Abuse Prevention ministry offered by the Insurance Board focusing on conduct in support of children and preserving sacred space. Additionally, offers fundamentals applicable to broader concerns including ethical relationships, sexual harassment, protection of vulnerable adults, bullying and tolerance around race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Policy Template-A complete abuse prevention policy template is provided. This Word document template will save you many, many hours of debate and drafting. It includes guidance and essential content missing from many policies.
- Online Self-Assessment Tool-Interactive, private space to evaluate your abuse prevention policies and plan for improvements.
- Free Online Abuse Prevention Training- This service is offered through our partnership with Praesidium, a national leader in abuse risk management using their Armatus program.
- Discounted Background Screening Services-This service is also offered through Praesidium and the Insurance Board further subsidizes discounted rates for participants of our package program.
- Webinars-Interactive for those attending the live webinar, current schedule includes subject matter relating to Adult/Child Interaction; Convicted Sex Offenders as Congregants; Financial Controls; Property Valuation and Facebook. A library of previously recorded webinars is also available for viewing at any time.
- The Steward-Quarterly newsletter offered by the Insurance Board.
- Loss Control Manuals-Five volume manual set authored by focusing on People, Safety and Liability; Church Property; Transportation; Youth Activity and Church Management.
- Your Church: Employer and Small Business-Provides the basic guidance regarding your church’s obligations as an employer and business. It includes information about employment and governance along with valuable links to resources on taxes and labor law. Many additional resources, such as an Employee Handbook Template are available as well.
A Program that is a Recognized Ministry Partner
Insurance Board is governed by a Board of Directors made up of clergy and lay people from the denominations we serve. Currently, Rev. Dr. LaTaunya Bynum, Regional Minister of Northern California/ Nevada Region, Rick Reisinger, President of Disciples Church Extension Fund, and Duncan Draper, Retired CFO of Pension Fund of the Christian Church are the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) representatives on our Board. The General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), upon recommendation of its General Board, recognizes Insurance board as a recognized ministry partner. Through covenantal relationship, the Insurance Board seeks to be the insurance pro-gram of choice for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
A Dedicated Insurance Advocate Who Understands the Needs of Your Church
It’s important to ensure that your insurer provides the right types of coverage relevant to the church environment: Property coverage aside, consider the multitude of liability exposures e.g. Abuse/Misconduct, Pastoral Counseling, Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Umbrella etc.Shawn Polzin welcomes the opportunity to work with your church to ensure you have the appropriate coverage. She is a dedicated Insurance Representative for Illinois. Shawn can be reached at: 309-660-1818 or [email protected]
visit our website to learn more about us at:
Download as PDF