Day with a book Retreat
Chiara Center, Springfield, IL
“Stop, Look & Listen to Life” Mon., February 10, 2020. Chiara Center. Springfield, IL (Register by Mon., February 3, 2020). Focus Book: The Remarkable Ordinary** by Frederick Buechner. “You may not be able to see it—your life may seem boringly predictable and your work insignificant, until you look at your life as Frederick Buechner does. As you learn to listen to your life and what God is doing in it, you will uncover the plot of your life’s story and the sacred opportunity to connect with the divine in each moment.” [Back Cover Blurb]
**A free copy of The Remarkable Ordinary will be included with your registration confirmation.
- Overnight accommodation is available (if needed or desired)—see registration form.
- A Detailed (7:30am-3:30pm) schedule provided with your registration confirmation.
- SUGGESTION: You will be better prepared to discuss the Focus Book by keeping some notes as you read—comment on insights you received, challenges to your beliefs, or particular invitations for reflection.
- QUESTIONS?? Arvil Bass (309) 573-5250 @yahoo.com
The prayerful pages of this book offer space where readers can encounter God, entering into what Celtic folk have long called a “thin place”—a realm where heaven and earth meet.
–Rev. Arvil Bass, Facilitator
DIRECTIONS: Chiara Center is located on the northeast end of Springfield, IL just off Interstate 55 (exit 100A). Once off the Interstate [IL 54] stay right (Camp Butler Road). The Star 66 Café/Truck Stop will be on your right at the stoplight. LaVerna Road is a left turn soon after the stoplight, before the railroad crossing. Follow LaVerna Road to the Chiara Center parking lot [4875 LaVerna Road] (217) 523-0901.
“Stop, Look & Listen to Life”
- February 10, 2020—Chiara Center. Springfield, IL [Register by February 3].
FEE—$60.00 (Check payable to Arvil Bass)
- Completed Registration & Fee to: Arvil Bass | 3007 W. Romany Ct. | Peoria, IL 61615. Each registration includes a copy of the focus book (The Remarkable Ordinary), meals (Continental Breakfast & Lunch) and event fee.
- Contact Chiara Center to arrange Overnight Accommodation if needed or desired: Chiara Center: (217) 523-0901 [Single – $74.50; Double – $53.50 per person].