Hosted by the CCIW Pro-Reconciliation and Anti-Racism Team
Trainers provided by the Reconciliation Ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
DEADLINE for Registration is October 31, 2019
Thursday November 7, 2019 @ 5: 30 PM Through Saturday November 9, 2019 @ 3 PM
Cost include room and meals $175.00
This cost of this event in part is underwritten by a grant from the Pro-Reconciliation and Anti-Racism Team in CCIW
- Racism is a spiritual and theological dilemma as well as a social evil;
- Racist practice exists throughout the life of the church and needs to be addressed. The church needs to get its own “house” in order even as it looks toward being a transformational agent in the larger world;
- Racism is a systemic problem with historical root causes;
- Racism can be defined in many ways.
- Engage in an analysis of racism that understands racism to be a combination of racial prejudice and institutional and/or economic power.
- Consider what might be done to dismantle racism so that we may be a church“where brothers and sisters of all races, languages, and cultures will grow towards God’s glorious realm, where all have a place at the table and none shall be turned away.”