University Place (UniPlace) Christian Church is a vibrant, compassionate, and progressive Disciples of Christ church located at the intersection of Champaign and Urbana, on the northern edge of the University of Illinois campus. We connect campus and community through Christ. UniPlace.org UniPlace: where everyone is welcome, no exceptions.
Campus Connector Job Description:
UniPlace Christian Church, CHAMPAIGN, IL is seeking a Campus Connector. The Campus Connector will be responsible for the overall planning, development and execution of campus-centered programs designed to live out the Christian practices of hospitality, generosity, service, faith development and worship. This position requires a person grounded in Christian faith who has an entrepreneurial spirit and proven abilities in planning and implementing programs, marketing, recruiting, and working with community organizations and educational institutions. The Campus Connector shall be responsible for promoting a student-centered culture at UniPlace in such a way as to support UniPlace’s purpose to follow Jesus Christ and live out the unique mission which is our calling from God. The Campus Connector is responsible for campus and community relations outside of UniPlace Christian Church as well as inside UniPlace Christian Church – bridging the many generations that UniPlace represents.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with flexible work hours determined by student-centered programming (including evenings and weekends). Compensation will range from $32,000-$36,500 and will be commensurate with training, education and experience. This role will work under the direction of the Senior Minister.
- Student-Centered Campus and Community Relations (Service Learning Component): The Campus Connector is responsible for developing connections and partnerships with campus groups and community groups that will benefit the student-centered culture at UniPlace and provide significant service learning opportunities to students. This responsibility can include, but is not limited to: contacting colleges of the University of Illinois to facilitate internships and volunteer opportunities (to be directly supervised by the
Campus Connector), oversight of the Free Community Dinner at UniPlace, growing the UniPlace Registered Student Organization, and creating partnerships with community organizations in Champaign-Urbana to increase student understanding of social justice issues in our community and encourage leadership growth in students wishing to address these issues.
- Young Adult Focused Christian Practices (Faith Development Component): The Campus Connector is responsible for developing and fostering a student-centered culture within UniPlace that broadens our expressions of Christian faith to be more inclusive of and hospitable toward younger adults. This area of responsibility can include, but is not limited to: playing an active role in the Sunday worship service, supporting existing UniPlace programs, creating new programs of faith development, hospitality, and worship, working with other faith groups on campus to engage students in spiritual growth opportunities, and promotion of theological discussions among younger adults.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Existing knowledge of University of Illinois, or other large university and student programs
- Self-starter, well-versed in problem-solving, team-building and leadership skills
- Experience in budget management, fund development and/or grant writing
- Experience in developing and managing partnerships and programs
- Proficient in social media management and Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess strong Christian faith/values, a strong desire to serve others and the ability to perform all duties with an understanding of the mission, vision, ministry, philosophy, culture, and protocols of the UniPlace Christian Church
Interested candidates please address resume and cover letter to Senior Pastor Kris Light and send to [email protected] or mail to 403 S. Wright St. Champaign, IL 61820