The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin is seeking a candidate to fulfill the position of Associate Regional Minister for Communication. This role is to help our congregations to share their Life Giving/Life Changing stories across social media platforms. It will also include some pastoral care responsibilities with congregations. This person will create a media platform, electronic and print, to disseminate audio and video stories to region and beyond. Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills is a must with knowledge of cinematography. If interested you may view the full job description on our website www.cciwdisciples.org.
To apply send letter of interest to Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker at [email protected] by Dec. 31. Resume and/or Profile will be needed.
Associate Regional Minister for Communication
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin
Be in relationship with congregations/ministries of CCIW to encourage and promote, gather, and make available “Good News” stories of Christians and congregations within CCIW and to the world.
Reporting to the Regional Minister-President of CCIW.
TIME REQUIREMENTS/ STATUS
This position is full time Pastoral Staff/Exempt.
Regional Communications Coordinator provides leadership for the CCIW regional Communications by carrying out the following:
- Embracing the Vision and Mission of CCIW, particularly as a Pro-Reconciliation/AntiRacism region.
- Create a media platform, electronic and print, to disseminate audio and video stories to CCIW and beyond.
- Working in coordination with the Regional Minister-President to help tell our stories to CCIW and beyond.
- Encouraging open communication with the CCIW Ministry Team.
- Communicating the vision, the need, the opportunity with both new emerging ministries and well-established ministries, of all sizes, types, and locations.
- Maintain a contact list of congregations and pastors to invite and connect to the storytelling.
- Oversee the development of a social media presence to promote the new initiatives.
- Oversee the development of a podcast ministry for CCIW to share the stories.
- Travel to regional churches to promote the communications effort and to gather stories.
- Create workshops and training for congregations on communication.
- Consult with congregations on websites and social media.
- Providing pastoral care and overseeing search and call to a limited number of CCIW congregations.
- Overseeing the promotions for the CCIW Annual Fund.
- Overseeing the promotions for the Christmas Offering.
- Prepare and implement goals and objectives annually. Discuss and review with Regional Personnel Committee and RMP
- Support the ministry of the Regional Church as assigned and relate appropriately to all manifestations of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages regional churches and members to take action
- Set up and optimize regional church pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each church community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Network with General and Regional communication staff
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with CCIW churches on public relations: to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
Compensation: Salary range $60,000-70,000 including benefits.
Staff Position to be Deployed
QUALIFICATIONS Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Required
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills; knowledge of cinematography equipment.
- Proficiency in use of social media.
- Basic knowledge of Word, GMail, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- At a minimum, have knowledge or willingness to gain knowledge of CCIW ministries and congregations
- Feel comfortable working in a setting where spiritual, cultural, and religious matters are commonplace and all persons are fully affirmed.
- Awareness of emerging, innovative ministries and long-standing, effective ministries.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to listen, clarify, and convey information in an accessible way.
- Ability to self-direct, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High commitment to confidentiality in all matters.
- Basic conflict management skills.
- Ordained/Commissioned Disciple Minister, or willing to seek Commission by working with CCIW Ministry Committee.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations