The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin is seeking a candidate to fulfill the position of Associate Regional Minister for Children, Youth and Young Adults. This role involves being in relationship with congregations/ministries to encourage and promote children, youth and young adult ministries within and among CCIW local churches and regional events. In addition, this person will recruit and promote active adult/sponsor participation and organize regional youth events such as, but not limited to, Church camp, Summit, retreats and mission opportunities. This position will also include some pastoral care responsibilities with congregations. If interested you may view the full job description on our website www.cciwdisciples.org.
To apply send letter of interest to Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker at [email protected] by Dec. 31. Resume and/or Profile will be needed.
Associate Regional Minister for Children, Youth and Young Adults
for Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin
Be in relationship with congregations/ministries of CCIW to encourage and promote children, youth and young adult ministries within and among CCIW local churches and regional events, recruit and promote active adult/sponsor participation and organize regional youth events such as, but not limited to, Church camp, Summit, retreats and mission opportunities.
Report to the Regional Minister-President of CCIW.
TIME REQUIREMENTS/ STATUS
This position is full time Pastoral Staff/Exempt.
Associate Regional Minister for Children, Youth and YoungAdults provides leadership to CCIW congregations regarding children/youth/young adult ministries (church camp and regional events) by carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Embracing the Vision and Mission of CCIW, particularly as a ProReconciliation/Anti-Racism region.
- Embracing the Mission First emphasis on Children, Youth and Young Adults, and helping congregations interpret that for their context.
- Overseeing/administering/and expanding region-wide ministries with children, youth and young adults.
- Recruiting youth/adults for Regional Youth Council (RYC) and leading RYC effectively.
- Partnering with the Service Learning and Mission team (SLAM) to create regionwide mission opportunities.
- Embracing and promoting connections to the General church.
- Supporting congregations in ways to nurture children, youth and young adults upon returning from regional events.
- Telling the stories of CCIW and her local congregations and promoting regional ministries for children, youth and young adults.
- Unifying the work of the Regional Youth Council and Outdoor Ministry Committee for a life-giving, life-changing purpose.
- Growing a base of volunteers to support camp and youth ministry within the region.
- Overseeing the expenses and spending for ministries such as camps, retreats, and Summit.
- Traveling extensively throughout CCIW to promote ministries and sharing new ways of implementing mission first priorities within the local church.
- Providing pastoral care and overseeing search and call to a limited number of CCIW congregations.
- Partnering with congregations to create leadership training for those who are in ministries with children, youth, and young adults.
- Working in coordination with the Regional Minister-President and CCIW ministry team.
QUALIFICATIONS Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Required
- Experience with Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) church camp and regional ministries for children, youth, and young adults.
- Energetic, motivated, enthusiastic, and positive.
- Effective communication skills: listen, clarify, and convey information in an accessible way to all ages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be resourceful.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan ahead.
- Fluency in English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Gmail, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- A team leader and works well with a team.
- Adept at the intentional spiritual formation of young people.
- Proficiency in use of social media.
- Ordained/Commissioned Disciple Minister, or willing to seek Commission by working with CCIW Ministry Committee.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Innovative thinker.
- Ability to be flexible.
Compensation: Salary range $60,000-70,000 including benefits.
Staff Position to be Deployed