President of the Division of Homeland Ministries
The deadline for all materials to be received is March 31, 2017.
The President is a visionary and courageous leader within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), blending the spiritual values of Christian service with sound administrative practices to accomplish the mission of the Division of Homeland Ministries within its core values. As chief executive officer of the Division, the President’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing program development in the areas of faith formation, leadership development, congregational transformation, Search and Call, Disciples Volunteering, Refugee and Immigration Ministries, Immigration Legal Counsel, Family and Children’s Ministries, Youth Ministry, Young Adult Ministry, all within a Pro Reconciliation Anti-Racism framework.
- Building and leading a highly effective ministry team and organization, including overseeing the Professional Program and Ministry Associate Staff.
- Overseeing and nurturing the relationship of the Division with its many ministry partners, denominational Mission Centers, and related groups.
- Formulation of an annual budget and developing alternate sources of income to increase DHM’s effective social witness in behalf of the whole church.
- Working with the larger Christian Church and its ecumenical and interfaith partners.
- Serving as a member of the Team Leadership Conference of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Serving as an officer of The United Christian Missionary Society and its associated organizations.
- Representing Disciples Home Missions on the Administrative Committee, the Council on Christian Unity, the Week of Compassion Committee, the StoneCampbell Dialogue, the General Minister and President’s Cabinet, the Joint Commission, the Justice Table, the General Commission on Ministry, the Ecumenical Partnership Committee, and the National Convocation Board of Trustees.
- Connecting Disciples Home Missions Resources with Regions and Regional Ministries throughout the United States and Canada.
The President reports to the Board of Directors and facilitates an intentional connection between the Board and the DHM staff.
- Active member of a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation.
- Βroad knowledge of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and its organizational procedures.
- Christian concern and familiarity with congregational program, operations and potential.
- Ability to lead in a fluid cultural and organizational environment.
- A skilled CEO in policy and governance leadership.
- Leadership, management and administrative experience.
- A deep spirituality.
- Good communication skills.
- Well acquainted with ecumenical and interfaith agencies and their programs.
- Religious, charitable, and not-for-profit management experience.
Education, Experience and Training
- Undergraduate degree and graduate degree from a seminary or university. Post graduate study.
- Experience in administration, especially in General, Regional, or Congregational ministries.
- Experience in dealing effectively with people, particularly in the area of leadership.