Communication Ministries, Office of the General Minister and President
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada
1099 N. Meridian St., Ste. 700
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Communication Ministries serves the whole Church as part of the Office of General Minister and President. The staff of Communication Ministries is responsible to help interpret the mission and vision of the whole Church and its various ministries both to internal and external audiences.
More specifically, Communication Ministries develops and coordinates communications activities related to Disciples Mission Fund, the biennial General Assembly and the Office of General Minister and President in cooperation and collaboration with ministries throughout the three expressions of the Church – local, regional and general.
This position will be supervised by the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Communications and located in downtown Indianapolis.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Generate and share content that builds meaningful connections using a variety of appropriate media (written word, video, photo or audio) for use in social media, app, web, newsletters or other settings.
- Create weekly, bi-monthly and promotional e-mails as well as tracking click-through data.
- Build, recommend, execute and monitor a social media strategy beginning with audience and industry research, benchmarking, messaging and creating analytical reports and ongoing evaluation.
- Manage and create content for the Disciples app platform.
- Update and edit content on all Disciple websites managed by the Office of General Minister and President (OGMP) to optimize pages and increase visibility using a WordPress interface.
- Manage photo collection and archives of image files via Google drive.
- Maintain production calendars for newsletters, mailings, printed offering materials, promotional materials, web updates and other communication activities.
- Collect data for church-wide electronic calendars and surveys through electronic forms.
- Coordinate and support video conference calls, webinars and other electronic meetings.
- Support Google drive administration and phone software via cross training with other staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications with an emphasis in electronic media
- 2-4 years of experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proven working experience in social media marketing with demonstrable knowledge of analytics
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of web design, web development, WordPress
- Troubleshooting skills with software such as WordPress and proprietary app interfaces • Familiarity with HTML coding
- Adobe graphics product and video production experience
- Experience in a non-profit environment
- Knowledge of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) polity and ethos
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Korean or French
Applications are due by 5 pm EST February 24, 2017.
Please submit your electronic cover letter, resume and links to portfolio work including writing samples to: Cherilyn Williams, Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Communications, [email protected]
Please use the term “Communication Coordinator Application” in the subject line.