MEAL TICKETS AVAILABLE
Many meal functions have been scheduled and tickets are available for purchase in the registration system. If you have never been to a General Assembly, there will be opportunities to get to know various ministries better at their individual events and reunite with other alumni and friends at college and seminary luncheons.
- After 12 years of leadership, the Rev. Dr. Sharon Watkins will reach the end of her second term as General Minister and President at the 2017 General Assembly. Tickets are now on sale for the banquet to be held in her honor on Saturday, July 8. Well wishers may also attend a reception after worship Saturday evening.
Tuesday/Wednesday workshop descriptions for most learning communities are available.
There will also be opportunities to learn Sunday afternoon and throughout the assembly in exhibit booths, workshops, business meetings and more
Core lecturers Monday morning
- Transformative Leadership & Innovation – Rev. Dr. Yvonne Gilmore, Disciples Divinity House, University of Chicago
- Worship – Dr. Marcia McFee, Worship Design Studio
- Justice – Rev. Sandhya Jha, Oakland Peace Center
- Stewardship & Resources – Rev. Dr. Eric Law, Kaleidoscope Institute
- The 2017 General Assembly will be in Indianapolis from July 8 – 12.
- Early registration discount expires March 30, 2017.
- We are encouraging you to have “Promotion Sundays” on the remaining two 5th Sundays between now and the event – Jan. 29 and April 30. Video and worship resources are available for download.
Join thousands of Disciples to worship and learn. The evening worship lineup includes: (click on name to learn more)
- Rev. José Morales Jr., Disciples Seminary Foundation
- Rev. Dr. Serene Jones, Union Theological Seminary
- Rev. Virzola Law, Lindenwood Christian Church, Memphis
- and thenewly elected General Minister and President.
Hear the results of our Mission First! pilot project of Mission Gatherings, Mission Council and other exciting news.
Source: Global Assembly