hos –pi – tal – i – ty
- the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
- The quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way.
Presented by Reverend Mary Runge
Mary graduated from Eureka College with a Bachelor’s degree in Religion and Philosophy in 2009. She received her Master’s of Divinity from Lexington Theological Seminary and was ordained August 2016. Mary resides in Galesburg, IL where she is a member of First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and serves as Associate Pastor at First United Methodist Church for the last 6 years.
She is married to Jake Runge and they have three hairless dogs
- Centennial Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) – Bloomington, IL
- First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) – Galesburg, IL
- Sunnyland Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) – Washington, IL
- Christian Church in Illinois and Wisconsin (Disciples of Christ)
Laity and Clergy
are invited to this interactive workshop, where we will explore various ways to share our faith through the spiritual discipline of hospitality
- Participants will learn how hospitality is integral in the Scriptures and acts as the primary context for sharing our faith.
- Participants will engage in what it means to go beyond being a “welcoming” church, with a focus on building relationships – and how to apply it practically in their faith life and church ministry.
Registrations are requested to be completed or mailed no later than October 28, 2016.