“Once we have made the choice to say, ‘Yes, I want to follow Jesus,’ the question is What disciplines will help me remain faithful to that choice” [A Spirituality of Living, Henri J.M. Nouwen, p. 15].
“A Spirituality Retreat” invites adult disciples to explore historic prayer methods; reflect, and experience practices used throughout history to grow closer to God’s transforming love. You are invited to attend this September 25-30 retreat at Chiara Center, Springfield, Illinois.
“A Spirituality Retreat – 2” offers adult disciples a second Camp Walter Scott opportunity to explore historic prayer methods; reflect, and experience practices used throughout history to grow closer to God’s transforming love.
Two “Sunday +” options will be offered:
Sunday + 3:
- Sunday afternoon/evening (Orientation/Introduction).
- Monday (Discussion of A Spirituality of Living1 by Henri J.M. Nouwen).
- Tuesday (Historic methods of prayer).
- Wednesday Morning (Prayer Tools).
- [Sunday + 3 Concludes With Wednesday Lunch.]
Sunday + 5 Continues:
- Wed. afternoon/evening (Learning to pray with the Psalms).
- Thursday (Silent Day of Prayer. “The tension between Doing and Being,” — Rueben P. Job).
- Friday Morning (“Choose & Pursue at Will” options).
- [Sunday + 5 Concludes With Friday Lunch.]
1Each participant is expected to have read A Spirituality of Living (52 pages). This book is available from Upper Room Books (1-800-972-0433), Amazon, etc. [I do have 8 copies of this book. These are available @ $13.33 — interested? Check the “wish to purchase” box on your registration.]
Camp Walter Scott