This position provides overall strategic oversight of the Disciples New Church Movement at the General Church level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements the General church strategy for planting 1000 congregations by 2020;
- Works with Regional Ministers and Regional New Church committees;
- Provides regional demographic work to assist regions in developing target areas;
- Expands congregational support of the Pentecost Offering;
- Provides web-based educational resources and distant learning opportunities;
- Leads out in the multi-tracked Leadership Academies and Ambassador’s Academies;
- Oversees the promotion and registration process of Leadership Academy;
- Oversees the Assessment Process;
- Provides supervision for Coordinator of Coaching
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ordained or Commissioned standing with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Proven experience in new church planting, coaching and sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team.
- Proven relationship building skills.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree
- Proven New Church Ministry experience
- Participation in a Leadership Academy is a plus
TRAVEL–Extensive / heavy travel (50%)
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Ellen L. Mitchell, Vice President Operations and Organizational Development and Corporate Secretary
Post Office Box 7030 Indianapolis, Indiana 46207
Hope Partnership does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.