The Regional Church Council of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin is pleased to offer ten (10) individual grants of $2000 to Disciple congregations in our Region to support ministries and programs designed to build relationships, foster inclusion, and provide hospitality to our neighbors in the community.
To apply for this grant, the congregation should submit a letter from the Pastor and an Elder or Moderator of the Board that provides the following:
- A description of the ministry and/ or program.
- A description of how the ministry and/or program relates to the five values of the Region that include:
1) engaged discipleship—deepening spiritual living connection with Christ.
2)meaningful authentic relationships—encouraging connections
3) creative ministry—willing to take risks
4) missioned focused—outward focused beyond our doors
5) multicultural and interconnected worldview—recognition of the beloved community.
Each program will not need to address each of the five values but the letter should indicate which values are embodied through this ministry/ program.
Upon receipt of the grant and completion of the program the congregation will be asked to do the following:
- Send a representative to the next scheduled Regional Assembly to present a summary of the program and its outcome.
- Provide high resolution photos and a summary of the program to be uploaded to the Mission First website with the help of the Regional Staff
The letter of application should be sent to CCIW, 401 W. Jefferson St., Bloomington, IL 61701 or [email protected] by July 1, 2016.
Grants may not be used for staff salary or building expense support.