Lexington Theological Seminary is once again preparing to offer Disciples History & Polity! Now is the time to encourage your candidates for ministry to enroll if they need this course. Our Introductory Disciples History & Polity course will be offered again in May. For your students to enroll in this course, they must apply for Admission. Registration begins March l, and the course always fills up quickly. If your commissioned, licensed, or Under Care ministers need to take this course, please have them follow these steps:
- If your region requires students to take the course for credit, they will need to be ready to register within the first week of March. To do so, they need to start the application process now, to ensure that they can get their application, reference (from you is ideal!) and transcripts to me in time.
- For students whose region allows them to audit the course, the timeline is a little more flexible. Because auditors are allowed to enroll in a class that is full, the March 1 registration date is not critical. However, auditors must still go through an admission process (outlined in step 4), and so need to be in conversation with me by the end of March at the latest.
- For auditors to apply for admission, I do not need references or transcripts, thus shortening the process for them. I will still need the application and the application fee.
- All students can begin the process on the website www.lextheo.edu by clicking on the link that says “Start Your Journey.”
- Please note that this is a 1-credit, 1 month course. If your region requires students to take 3 credits of History and Polity, they will also need to complete the 2-credit course offered during June Intensives. Students can complete the 2-credit course with only 3 days of travel to Lexington.
LTS is pleased to offer this service to our partners in ministry. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. All of my contact information is in the signature below. I include my cell phone number because I want you to use it! Evenings and weekends are fine times to call, also!
Thank you for the many ways you continue to support the mission of Lexington Theological Seminary. We are hopeful that our students are revitalizing your congregations in new and exciting ways. I look forward to having more students from your area in our programs soon.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Erin C. Cash
Director of Admissions
(859) 280-1249 Office
(859) 576-2331 Cell
History & Polity Registering Now
If you need a Disciples History and Polity course for the Commission on Ministry, NOW is the time to apply! Lexington Theological Seminary offers History & Polity twice per year (May and November) and registration is now open for May. You need to be admitted as either an Auditor or Special Student (check with the Commission on Ministry to determine which) before you can register. This 4-week online course allows you to complete the course without a trip to Lexington. The course allows you to study at any time of the day – when it is convenient for you! Auditors are welcome to apply with the short Application to Audit form found here. Special Students will need to use the longer application, submit transcripts and provide 1 letter of recommendation. All students Under Care of the Region can take the class for $240 (50% scholarship). For more information, contact Erin Cash, Director of Admissions at [email protected] or (859) 280-1249. Don’t wait! This course fills up quickly!
Doctor of Ministry Cohort Begins September, 2016
Have you been considering a D. Min. degree? Lexington Theological Seminary offers a D. Min. in Leading Congregations in Adaptive Change. The next cohort will start in September, 2016 and applications are due by July 1! Now is the time to start the application process. Candidates for the D. Min. will have an M. Div. from an ATS accredited school with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and 3 years of ministry experience after graduation. For more information, contact Erin Cash, Director of Admissions at [email protected] or (859) 280-1249.