Disciples Home Missions
Woman-to-Woman Worldwide is an opportunity to personalize mission in the life of congregations and regions.
Woman-to-Woman Worldwide (W2WW) is sponsored by the International Disciples Women’s Ministries and administered by the staff of Disciples Women in conjunction with Global Ministries.
The 2016 journey will be to the countries of South Africa and Ghana. Please read the ‘what to know before you apply’ information and the ‘Candidate Guidelines’ found in the Resources box to the right.
- Application (Word and PDF options) Deadline: February 15
- Tentative Dates: October 13 to October 26
- Tentative Cost: $5,000
- Promo Flyer
While the Woman-to-Woman Worldwide journey isn’t a ‘hands-on’ mission it does offer a way to respond to the call for church women to experience solidarity with one another, to affirm the unity of the church in Jesus Christ and to join the common struggle for justice and peace in the world today by educating and advocating for those needs. These international, ecumenical and personal experiences encourage faithful women to see the world through new eyes and bring that perspective back to their congregation and community.
This experience will include visits to our in-country partners’ programs and projects that focus on helping to improve the standard of living for marginalized impoverished women and children which in turn will raise the standard of living for their village or town. Upon your return home, you can make a difference by sharing what you have learned with your church, region, and their extended community and by raising funds to help improve the lives of the people you have met.
WWW is designed to establish a network of “growing concentric circles of world proportion.” T.J. Liggett
You are invited to participate in this program in a number of different ways.
- Be an actual participant on a journey. Contact your regional staff person in January to start the application process. Fund raising ideas are found in ‘Resource’ box.
- Pray for the participants on the annual journey.
- Invite an International Sister to your region before she attends Quadrennial Assembly.
- Support one of the service projects.
- Support one of the participants by donating to your regional or constituency fund for this program.
- Learn more about the Woman-to-Woman Worldwide journeys by subscribing to Just Women magazine.
- Share what you learn with others.
Source: Women to Woman Worldwide