Job advert NBA Incubate Inititiate Associate
Program Associate – Incubate Initiative — .50 FTE
Job Title: Program Associate – Incubate Initiative
Reports to: Director of NBA Incubate Initiative
Effective Date: March 1, 2016 (or earlier, if possible)
Prepared By: Ayanna Johnson Watkins, Director of NBA Incubate Initiative
Through the Incubator Initiative, the NBA partners with Disciples-related health and social service projects/ministries to assist them as they navigate the complex landscape of new project start-ups. Reporting to the Director of the NBA Incubate Initiative, the Program Associate will support the work of the Incubate Initiative, broaden the reach of the Incubate Initiative across the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), help build the network of professionals who will help support the Incubate Affiliated Ministries, and help share the ministry of the Incubate Initiative and its Affiliated Ministries with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and beyond. This is a .50 FTE (full-time equivalent) position in which the Program Associate will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The end date for this position is December 31, 2017, with possible renewal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate fully as part of the mission and ministry team of the NBA.
- Collaborate with the Director of the Incubate Initiative and the full NBA staff to ensure consistency across ministry of NBA.
- Support the development of a robust system of support for Incubate Affiliated Ministries by recruiting and interviewing professionals (giving preference to Disciples) who can offer key professional assistance, consultation, and mentoring necessary for startup nonprofits.
- In cooperation with appropriate NBA staff, create and maintain an online “FAQ” space for entrepreneurs to share frequently asked questions about social entrepreneurship as well as reference and receive advice and experience from NBA, other professionals, and their own peers.
- Help potential Disciples social entrepreneurs and supporters learn about the Incubate Initiative through written materials and presentations shared via Disciples and other networks.
- Help connect interested entrepreneurs to the Incubate Initiative by responding to online inquiries and calls from potential Incubate participants.
- Help maintain connection between current or potential Incubate Affiliate Ministries and the Incubate Initiative via email, phone/web conferences, and occasional site visits.
- Help conceive and organize Incubate gatherings and events, e.g. Leadership Academy, Incubate Retreat, skill-building webinars, etc.
- Appreciation for and experience in health and social service ministry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of groups
- Some travel, will include evenings and/or weekends
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fuze (web conferencing)
- Basecamp (project planning)
- Scanner & scan software
- Cell phon3
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- This position may be deployed, working from home location
- Requires work in a variety of settings, including online meetings, in-person events, and solo work
- Flexibility of work hours
- Some travel will be required
- The physical demands required are 1) speaking — ability to express oneself by spoken word; 2) listening – ability to perceive speech; 3) lifting – occasionally lifting boxes of materials and lifting as relates to travel, up to 50 pounds.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of NBA
- Work experience in health and social service setting(s) preferred
- Understanding of and commitment to social service and social justice values
- Cultural competency; multiple languages a plus
- Strengths in connecting people to needed resources
- Goal-oriented and self-directed, with the ability to prioritize among multiple projects and respond quickly to new learnings
- Experience and comfort with web-based platforms
- Ability to work well in collaboration with others
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience in health and social services and/or program development may be substituted
Interested Persons should send a resume and cover letter to:
Dani Loving Cartwright, AVP Operations
DEADLINE: January 15, 2016
* * *
This is not an employment contract.
This Job Description is not, nor is it intended to constitute, a contract of employment
between The National Benevolent Association of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
(“NBA”) and the employee engaged to perform the job described herein (“employee”).
The NBA reserves its full rights as the employer and the relationship between the NBA
and the employee is intended to be one of employment at will, meaning that both the NBA
and the employee shall have the same right to terminate the employment relationship at
any time, without prior notice, and either with or without cause. The NBA further reserves
the right to amend all or any portion of this job description (including, but not limited to,
the duties, responsibilities and requirements for the job) at any time and from time to time
without prior notice to employee.