“God’s not dead: Youth Awakening!”
Pre-Sponsor Information & Orientation
- The CCIW Regional Youth Council and Committee are so excited to have the youth of our Region prepare for our upcoming Summit Biennial Youth Event. For your preparation, here’s some pre-Summit Information for your every success as a Congregational Sponsor or Chaperone. Keep in mind that this is beginning; there will be more information to follow in the next weeks. Please check our CCIW website, email and our weekly constant contact. The Summit Registration forms are available online. (cciwdisciples.org)
The Summit Registration Deadline is October 26, 2015
(PLEASE BE ADVISED-THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS)
- The Cost of Summit after August 1, 2015 is $180 per person, and this includes all Sponsors. This includes (Registration, Meals, Housing and Program)
- You must have enough Sponsors coming from your congregation to support both boys and girls. (So you need both male and female sponsors.) The CCIW Region IS NOT responsible for finding sponsors for your youth.
- THIS IS A CHI-RHO and CYF YOUTH EVENT!!! This is for youth who are in grades 6-12th YOUNGER YOUTH WILL NOT BE ADMITTED AT SUMMIT!!!!! (Registrations will be returned to the congregation)
- Registration will begin at 7pm in the Clark Room (Outside the Auditorium at Lake Williamson.) The doors will NOT open before 7pm.
- Upon registering, the Sponsors will pick up their groups packets, and rooming assignments and hand them out to their youth outside of the Clark Room.
- All Sponsors are RESPONSIBLE for your own youth.
- All Sponsors are expected to attend ALL activities, worship services, interest groups and small groups.
- Please have dinner before arriving at Lake Williamson Christian Conference Center. (There will be a late night snack of pizza and drinks.)
- CCIW Region and The Lake Williamson Christian Conference Center have zero tolerance: Alcoholic Beverages, Smoking, and Drugs are prohibited. Youth will be immediately sent home.
- Please bring Snacks to fill our hospitality room. We are recommending that you inform the Regional Office of what you will be bringing. So, that we can check it off our list of snacks. Please bring a 30 counted pre-packaged- or canned snack items.
* Gluten Free Snacks
* Bottled Water
* Variety Package of Potato Chips
* Cheese Crackers
* Drink Boxes
* Soda, Oranges
* Raisins/Dried Fruits
* Trail Mix
* Rice Krispy Treats
* Candy, Chocolate, Suckers
- There will be a time of Mission at Summit. We will be collecting and making school kits for Church World Services. Please take a look at the list below, and bring enough of these items to make 30 kits per church, if possible.
To assemble a Hygiene Kits you will need:
- One hand towel measuring approximately 16″ x 27″ (no fingertip or bath towels)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb
- One nail clipper
- One bar of soap (bath size in wrapper)
- One toothbrush (in original packaging)
- Six standard size Band-Aids®
At our 2015 Youth Summit we will be having “2015 Summit’s Got Talent” talent Show. The Regional Youth Council is looking for plenty great talent, and great acts for our Saturday evening entertainment. Friends, this “15 ACT” show will take place Saturday night during Summit. We will select five different types of acts to perform for 5 minutes each from the following categories. We are looking for those who are seriously consider this show!
*Singing (Duet, Soloist)
*Instruments (Guitar, Piano, etc.)
*Dance (Groups or Individuals)
All who are interested must fill out the form on the CCIW Website and send it to us in no later than September 15. We will inform you of your acceptance by October 1, 2015. * There are no prizes being given for this event. * Remember there will only be 15 participants. So, you must hurry to get your spot…If your youth is interested, please contact Terri Grove. ( www.cciwdisciples.org)