July 1 webinar on security
from Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships of Department of Homeland Security
As our thoughts and hearts stay with Charleston, the Department of Homeland Security’s Center of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships is offering a special webinar. Please see details below.
Webinar: Resources to help houses of worship prepare for emergencies
This webinar is a collaborative effort between the DHS Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships, a center of the White House Office of Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help connect faith-based and community organizations with tools, resources, and partners to help prepare their houses of worship for all hazards, including active shooter incidents.
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Time: 2:00 – 3:15 p.m. (EDT)
How to Join the Webinar:
- Join the webinar by clicking the Registration Web Link.
- Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the meeting.
- This webinar will offer closed captioning.
Preparedness resources for house of worship:
- Emergency Operations Planning Resources
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- (Recorded webinar): An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- US Department of Education Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center
- Active Shooter Preparedness Resources
- Free online independent study courses for everyone:
- IS-907: Active Shooter: What You Can Do
- IS-360: Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship
- IS-906: Workplace Security Awareness Course
- IS-914: Surveillance Awareness: What You Can Do
- IS-366: Planning for the needs of children in disasters
- IS-909 – Community Preparedness: Implementing Simple Activities for Everyone
- All hazard preparedness resources
- Ready.gov – a national public service advertising (PSA) campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural and man-made disasters
- National Preparedness Community Faith-based Community of Practice
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline
- Earthquake Preparedness Playbook
- Flood Preparedness Playbook
- Hurricane Preparedness Playbook
- Tornado Preparedness Playbook
- Wildfire Preparedness Playbook
- Winter Storm Preparedness Playbook