Position Opening: Director of Development
Good day. Disciples Church Extension Fund and Hope Partnership continues the search for a Director of Development to be located here in Indianapolis, Indiana. This position requires an excellent communicator who will provide leadership for the development effort to coordinate planning and implementation for multiple income streams. Additionally, this position requires the incumbent to have a college degree in the related field, experience in non-profit fundraising and development and be an active member in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
We have found that by personally e-mailing each of you regarding the distinctive roles within our organization that your help has provided connections to candidates who are interested and hold the unique skill sets and qualifications needed to fill roles with DCEF and Hope. We would appreciate your help with sharing this information with those whom you feel may be a valuable asset to DCEF and Hope Partnership. Attached you will find the position posting. You may also find this posting on our websites: http://www.hopepmt.org/ and http://www.disciplescef.org/
Resumes can be mailed and/or emailed to Jacqueline Hutching at the below information through July 15, 2015. Each person applying will receive a confirmation receipt of their cover letter and resume.
We sincerely thank you for your time and attention.
Jacqueline J. Hutching
Human Resources Manager
Church Extension Financial & Missional Resources
P.O. Box 7030 | Indianapolis, IN 46207-7030
Announcement for Position Opening Director of Development Full-Time
The Director of Development leads the Development Team and works with the Co-Executives of Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) and Hope Partnership for Missional Transformation (Hope) to give leadership for the development of gift income streams for the ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership for the Development effort to coordinate planning and implementation for multiple income streams to the ministries as well as Donor and Investor identification, cultivation, promotions, relations and retention
- Develops lists for assigned Development visits to be made by appropriate staff
- Makes one-on-one visits with donors and prospects
- Works with Acting Treasurer to assure proper recording of all gifts and funds
- Coordinates stewardship efforts within Church Extension and on behalf of the ministry inclusive of the Staff Annual Giving Fund
- Helps to educate the Directors with regard to their options of support of the Directors Annual Giving Effort
- Provides Planned Giving and Wills Seminars
- Writes Gift Agreements and Grant Proposals
- Is knowledgeable of how to initiate Charitable Gift Annuities (working with our partners at Christian Church Foundation;) how to include a ministry in a will or estate and possesses a working knowledge of other planned giving vehicles
- Helps to grow the partnership with Christian Church Foundation
- Relates to staff with primary responsibility for Investor and Church Relations
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed and organized
- Strategic thinker
- Effective team member
- Active Member in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Experience in non-profit fundraising/advancement/development
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College graduate or postgraduate education, in related field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED FOR JOB
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management or willingness to obtain within 24 months of employment
- CFRE certification or willingness to obtain within 24 months of employment
- Continued Education in Donor Relations and Fund Raising
- Ordained or Commissioned Minister is preferable