The Pro-Reconciliation Anti-Racism Team invite you to be a part of the conversations at the Regional Assembly that promote healing and wholeness as we seek to live as One Body of Christ.
On Friday, come to Five Point Washington at 2 P.M. join your friends from around the Region as members of the PR/AR Team lead the book discussion of Lessons Before Dying by Ernest Gaines. The discussion can feed your soul as snacks provided by the Team feed your body.
On Saturday join us for conversations with David Bell as he shares his insights on the Christian Doctrine of Discovery or with Karon Alexander and Jean Wallace as they share insights from global mission travels. At lunch join your table mates in prayer that God’s justice be established and God’s “kingdom” come.
David Bell is non-native and Director of the Disciples of Christ Yakama Christian Mission. He and his wife, Belinda started Youth Education Services (YES) in 2002 for youth and young adults up to 25 years old. YES enables parents to help their children succeed as they pursue education. Incorporating the skills from his first career—20 years in building design and construction— Bell had been able to open doors of employment and education to youth through the Yakama Christian Mission.
Top Reasons to Come…
- to meet Dave, Karon, Jean and the rest of the Team – we are looking forward to seeing you!
- to hear the story of First Nation People and gain insights into how this story impacts the
current lives of indigenous peoples including our Mayan partners in Guatemala
- to learn how Women-to-Women pilgrimages are connecting us to women around the world
- to share your insights of how a powerful book set in the 1940’s speaks to our time and events
that are happening today
- to better understand how we can stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters around the
world through stories of encounters in Mexico and Guatemala
- to see who we are becoming and to be a part of what it takes to live as a pro-reconciling,
- to acknowledge that we are not whole as long as others are left out
- to know that while the work of pro-reconciliation anti-racism may not be easy, you are not
- to testify to the reality that unity is in our DNA
- BECAUSE JESUS CALLS US INTO THE CONVERSATION and INTO THE WORK !