2014 CCIW YOUTH LOCK-IN at Regional Assembly
October 10-11, 2014 – Washington, IL
We are excited about the upcoming Regional Assembly in Washington, Illinois. It is important that the Youth of the CCIW REGION (grades 6-12) come ready to have a great time. This year’s assembly will be very different from what we have done in recent years as it will include a lock-in, offer ways to participate in mission work in and around Washington, and have an incredible time of Worship, Study and Hanging out!!! The expectation is to have a minimum of 70 Youth and Sponsors ready to have a great time on the weekend.
Below you will find Important information about the weekend. This Friday-Saturday event, including the lock-in and Saturday’s activities, needs a sign permission slip that can be retrieved from the CCIW website. (www.cciwdisciples.org) Please be advised Registrations are Closed! This is not a walk-up event. All youth must have a sponsor.
Friday, October 10, 2014
6PM: ALL –Region Dinner at Five Points (This is an extra cost $20. It is not included in your fees)
8:30-9:30PM: Registration – Five Points, 360 N. Wilmor Rd, Washington, IL
7PM: Worship at Five Points, Auditorium – Open to the Public
9:30PM- 7AM: YOUTH LOCK-IN (Five Points Washington, Illinois) ALL YOUTH MUST BE
REGISTERED! No Youth will be permitted without wristband and without sponsor. (Swimming, Video
Games, Board Games, Open Gym, Snacks, Fun, and a bit of Sleep)
Saturday, October 11, 2014
7:00AM: UP and Get Ready For Missions- Breakfast On the Go!!!
7:30AM: Depart for Missions Sights:
A) Tree Planting in Washington (High School Students Only)
B) Goodwill Races in Peoria (Chi-Rho & CYF Students)
C) St. Jude’s Activity Bags at Sunnyland Christian Church, 2401 Washington Road, Washington, IL
11:30: Return Back to Sunnyland Christian Church and Break
Lunch will be served at Sunnyland Christian Church
12:30 PM: Mission Opportunities at Sunnyland Christian Church Washington with Peoria Children’s Hospital.
2:00PM: Debriefing Mission Opportunities
2:30PM: Leave for First Christian Church
2:45PM: Arrive at First Christian Church in Peoria, 6400 N University St, Peoria, for Closing Worship
4:30PM: Head Home
Information to Consider:
* TOTAL COST FOR THE WEEKEND: $60 before July 1 and $75.00 after July 1 (This is your Registration cost for the Assembly!) This does not include the Friday evening (All Assembly Dinner). There will not be a Friday Evening Meal Available, so you will need to add the All-Region dinner or eat before arriving.
Late-night snacks will be available.
* SUPERVISION: No Youth will be admitted without a Sponsor or being connected to a youth group.
* RATIO: There must be a Ratio of one Sponsor for every 8 youth attending from your congregation. Each
church must have one Sponsor attending with their youth! Each sponsor must be prepared to stay with the
youth from arrival to departure.
* PERMISSION SLIP: Mission opportunities are secured; permission slips for participation will be available at
www.cciwdisciples.org. Each youth and adult participating will need a completed permission slip. Those
without a completed permission slip will not be able to participate in the Mission Portion of the Event.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Sleeping Bags/Pillow
• Pajamas- to cover full body
• Gym Shoes appropriate for outside mission work! (Not your clean and nice gym shoes)
• Jacket appropriate for the weather
• Shoes appropriate for gym floor
• Toiletries (Showers will be available)
• Swim Suit/Water toys
• SNACKS TO SHARE
For More Information Please Contact:
Terri Grove: [email protected] 309-828-6293
Dr. Christal L. Williams: [email protected]
CCIW Website: www.cciwdisciples.org