Women’s Spiritual Writing Retreat
Registration ends July 25th!
[ujicountdown id=”Small Black” expire=”2014/07/25 23:00″ hide = “true”]
THE ART OF PAUSING
A presentation and writing workshop presented by author Judith Valente
SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 2014
First Christian Church, Bloomington
- 9:00-9:30 REGISTRATION
- 9:30-10:00 WELCOME AND SETTING SACRED SPACE
- 10:00-12:00 MORNING SESSION WITH JUDITH
- 12:00-1:00 LUNCH AND SHARING AROUND TABLES
- 1:00-2:30 AFTERNOON SESSION AND BOOK SIGNING
- 2:30-3:00 REFLECTIONS AND SENDING OUT
MEET OUR GUEST
Valente is a speaker, retreat leader, and author of two collections of poetry. In 2004, she won the Aldrich Poetry Prize, which was judged by Pulitzer Prize–winning poet Mary Oliver. She is coeditor of the anthology Twenty Poems to Nourish Your Soul. She has been a frequent guest on WTTW’s weekly program 30 Good Minutes to talk about monastic wisdom for the modern world. She recently became a Benedictine Oblate. Valente and her husband Judge Charles Reynard live in Chicago and Normal, Illinois.