Would you like to be more involved in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin? Do you feel you have the skills and gifts that could make a difference to our Region?
The following is a list of our Boards and Committees and a very brief description.
• Finance Committee: Oversight of the Region’s Finances
• Committee on Ministry: Care for candidates of Ministry; Oversight of Standards for Ministry
o Committee on Ministerial Ethics and Response Teams: Respond to allegations of misconduct.
• Deepening Discipleship: Spiritual well-being of the Region
• Disciple Women’s Cabinet: Women’s ministries, including Spring Event, SIWR, Assembly Luncheon, and leader development.
• Long Range Planning and Vision: Cast and review the Vision for the Region; Plan for and encourage alignment of ministries and resources to Vision.
• Marketing and Development: Promoting the Annual Fund and Long term development funds for the Region.
• Disciple Men’s Ministry: Encouraging Men in their faith, leader development.
• New Church Establishment: Oversight and encouragement of New congregations.
• Nominating Committee: Seeks out qualified persons to serve as leaders in our Region.
• Outdoor Ministries: Oversight of Camp Walter Scott and our other Multi-site camping/retreat ministries.
• Personnel: Provide oversight for Personnel issues of the Region.
• Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism Committee: Oversight of our goal to become PRAR Region; Includes promotion of Reconciliation Offering and Distribution of grants.
o PR/AR Team: Larger growing community of trained folks , promoting the vision of responding to God’s call to be a fully transformed , anti-racist multi-cultural church that we claims as members of the Body of Christ, an anti-racist identity that empowers, heals, and makes whole.
• Regional Assembly: Plans for the biennial Regional Assembly CCIW
• Regional Church Council: Oversight of the Policies, Procedures, and Financial/Administrative concerns of the Region.
• Youth: Oversight of Regional Youth events and Youth Leader development.
o Regional Youth Council
For more information about each group you can view Policies and Practices on our website www.cciwdisciples.org. Member Profile/application is on the second page, and can be accessed at our website. Please return completed profile to Rev. Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker, tere[email protected], or 1011 N. Main St., Bloomington, IL 61704
Error: Contact form not found.