Regional Office Bloomington, IL
Address: 401 W Jefferson St. Bloomington IL, 61701
Camp Walter Scott Dieterich, IL
Address: 15290 E 300th Ave. Dieterich, IL 62424
Who we Are
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin
In the Design of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), the purpose of regions is two-fold: first, to extend the ministry of Christ in mission, witness and service among the
people and social structures of the region; and, second, to establish, receive, and nurture congregations in the Region, providing help, counsel, and pastoral care to members, ministers and congregations in their mutual relationships, and relating them to the worldwide mission and witness of the whole church.
CCIW Outdoor Ministries
Throughout the history of CCIW’s Outdoor Ministries, the safety and well-being of our campers have been of utmost concern. To assure this, policies are in place regarding qualifications for staff members and each year background checks are conducted for staff members. Valuing our campers, we also value the gifts and talents of those who volunteer to serve with our campers. In keeping with this, we welcome the gifts of all regardless of race, sexual orientation and/ or preferred gender identification.
Our vision is to be a region composed of healthy Disciples congregations, which are filled with fully devoted followers of Christ and active in vital ministries reaching from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
Partnering with Disciples’ congregations for healthy, vital ministry.
- Engaged discipleship
- Meaningful authentic relationships
- Creative ministry
- Mission focused
- Multicultural and interconnected world-view
Continuing Priorities for 2011-2016
- Develop, implement and support a structure which includes regional elders.
- Engage ministry as coaches, consultants, brokers, pastors and prophets.
- Partner with Global Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and United Church of Christ to develop and implement a Regional Global Church Partnership.
- Continue our work as pro-reconciling and anti-racist people. Our region seeks to be open and intentional about including all people at our local, regional and general gatherings, which reflect the diversity of God’s true church, regardless of gender, race, age, size, ability, sexual orientation, income, or community.
- Encourage, provide training, and support the use of the best available contextually appropriate technology in regional and congregational ministries.