Step by Step for candidates for ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Step 1: Fill out an online application: Online Application. You will receive and acknowledgement and welcome from our office that we have received your application.
- Please submit a digital photo to the office for your file.
- Step 2: Our office will do a Regional Directive to give you access to Search and Call at the Ministry Office of Disciple Home Missions. You will receive an email from DHM allowing you to enter and fill out your profile, with references and background check. Complete this step.
- Step 3: Make an appointment for a Psychological/Vocational Assessment. See Vocational Discernment and Assessment Info
- Step 4: Write your Spiritual Autobiography. See guidelines for papers Guidelines for Required Papers
- Step 5: Read My Ministerial Code of Ethics
- Step 6: Read, Sign and Send: CCIW Clergy Ethics Policy and Ethics Card
- Step 7: Read, Sign and Send: Disclosure and Release Form Please print and fill out this form by hand. You must sign the form for validation.
- Step 8: Ask your sponsoring Disciple congregation to write a letter in support of your candidacy.
- Step 9: Ask your Regional Minister to write a letter of support/reference for Search and Call.
- Step 9a: For Commission only—Ask your congregation to take official action, sending a letter to ask for a Commission, and provide a job description.
- Step 10: Make your first appointment. Contact information: 309.828.6293 or [email protected]
- Meet Ministry Committee.
All steps for In care for Ordination are on this check list: In Care for Ordination Check List
All steps for Commission are on this check list: Commission Steps Check List
- Step 1: Make your second appointment. Contact information: 309.828.6293 or [email protected]
- Step 2: Prepare your paper on Concept for Ministry
- Step 3: Check you check list for what else needs to be done. (Ordination track—enroll in CPE)
- Step 1: Make your third appointment. Contact information: 309.828.6293 or [email protected]
- Step 2: Prepare your paper on Disciple History and Polity.
- Step 3: Prepare your paper on What is the church?/Ecclesiology.
- Step 4: Check you check list for what else needs to be done.
If all is completed for Commission, you will, most likely, be granted an Extended Commission for 5 years. We will see you again in five years.
- If all is completed for Ordination, including seminary education. You will schedule one more appointment for your Ordination interview.