In-Care for Ordination
This is the process through which seminarians, or those who have completed seminary, and the Region work in partnership towards the candidate’s ordination. Please note that these documents are not the only requirements for in-care candidates. If you are currently in-care of the Region and have questions about required paperwork, please contact the Regional Office.
- Online Application
- Application for In-Care Status Fillable
- General Commission on the Order of Ministry
- Policies & Criteria for Ministry in CCIW Policies and Criteria for the Ordering of Ministry in the Christian Church Disciples of Christ Illinois Wisconsin Region (adapted from GCOM document above): Section II
- My Ministerial Code of Ethics
- CCIW Clergy Ethics Policy and Ethics Card This document provides guidelines for ethical conduct and procedures for actions taken when the guidelines are not followed. The card is signed by the clergy member as acknowledgement of having read and understood the policy; also, it serves as their written agreement to abide by the policy. You must print the card and sign by hand.
- Vocational Discernment and Assessment Info Vocational Discernment and Assessment Info
This is a requirement that must be scheduled and completed with all fees paid prior to a candidate’s initial interview with the Ministry Committee.
- Guidelines for Required Papers The Spiritual Autobiography should be written for the initial interview to help the Ministry Committee learn about a candidate’s background, theology and significant life events.
- Suggested Reading List
- Possible Interview Questions for Candidates Seeking Commission
- Disclosure and Release Form Please print and fill out this form by hand. You must sign the form for validation.
- Completion of the Search and Call Papers and Background Check To obtain access to the Search and Call system, a Regional minister must submit a directive on your behalf. Please contact the Regional Office for questions.